Srikshetra Gokarna is one of the holiest places in India. The Father of universe Parashiva is in Gokarna in the form of Athmalinga. The temple is located on the sea shore of the western sea. The Almighty, famous as Mahabaleshwara is also known as the Sarvabhouma. This is also the place, where the most revered Hindu saint Adi Shankaracharya, who spread the spiritual knowledge from South to North all over India, established ShreeRamachandrapuraMath, the sacred and saintly Jagadguru Peetam. The temple is run under the guidance of Paramapoojya Jagadguru Shankaracharya Gokarna Mandaladheeshwara ShreeShree RaghaveshwaraBharathiMahaswamiji of SriramachandrapurMath. Under the divine and philanthropic guidance of Sri Mahaswamiji, the administration of Sri Mahabaleshwara Temple, Gokarna is on the path of progress.
The special characteristics of Gokarna Mahabaleshwara :-
HISTORY : In order to obtain the Athmalinga of Lord Shiva, Ravana performed severe penance at Kailasa and secured the Athmalinga. The Suras frightened by this, approached Lord Ganesha and prayed to Him, to retain the Athmalinga at Gokarna. As the abode of the one and only one Athmalinga of Lord Shiva, Gokarna gained world wide spiritual significance. This holy place is known as Bhookailasa and the Southern Varanasi. (Ref. Skandha Purana, Guru charitra) Ø In this Temple all devotees can enter the sanctum sanctorum and have the touch darshan of Athmalinga and can perform Abhisheka with their own hands. Shivaratri Mahotsava is the Car festival when lakhs of people attend and pray for their well being. Nature :
- This sacred Temple is situated on the Sea shore and by the side of western ghats. Here we can hear the roaring sound of the sea and can see the jumping tides of the sea. At the same time we can see the green scenario of the western ghat and can hear the melodious music of the winds.
Pooja and Celebrations :
- Every day thrice, Pooja is performed with Pancha Vadya. Morning Udyanabali, Afternoon bali, Mahapooja, evening Bali, Utsava and Mahapooja . A number of celebrations are held throughout the year.
- Ananga trayodashi
- Shiva Pavitraropanam
- Dadhi Shikyotsava
- Shivaganga Vivaha Nishchayotsava
- Sri Mahabaleshwara Pratistha Mahotsava
- Tripura Deepotsava
- Shiva Parvathi Vivahotsava
- Avabhrutha, Ankurarpanam
- Free Amrutanna Prasad Bhojana is being served twice daily to all the devotees.
Afternoon 12 to 2.00 and Evening 7.30 to 8.30
- Weddings are arranged free of cost for the weaker sections of the society.
- Financial assistance is offered to the needy in their time of necessity.
DONATION : Devotees can avail of the opportunity to perform following poojas, Pooja will be performed in your name and Prasad will be sent to your address.
- Abhisheka Pooja
- Suvarna Nanyabhisheka Pooja (A special Pooja performed in Brahmi muhoortha. )
- Shashwata Pooja
- Somawara Utsava Pooja
On every Monday from Karteek to vaishakha Monday Utsava will be performed. You can participate by donating 5,000/- in any Somawara Utsava.
- Donation for Silver door / Ornaments
A majestic Silver door is being erected at the main entrance of the temple. You may donate any amount more than 1,000/- for this cause. The administration welcomes your participation and whishes you the blessings of the Lord for total well beings.
DAILY PROGRAMME :-